ccurtis74

Jun 17, 2022
St. Johns Michigan
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
2nd year pool owner. First year on TFP. 6 days into my first SLAM. Pool water looks great. Overnight loss test last night showed 0 FC loss. CC has been less than .5 since day 1 of SLAM. CYA is at 80 so I’ve had to be keeping high FC for SLAM. At least 31FC but the past 36 hours I’ve been at 38 or higher. But I still have these spots of this yellow / brown ish stuff in the bottom of the pool. It’s only on the bottom in the small creases in the vinyl liner. I can run my robot vacuum and it’ll be gone. If I brush it with the brush it just poofs and goes away. Then 24 hours later it shows up again. Am I still dealing with active algae or something different? Shall I stay at the higher FC or go to full 60% or CYA for 24 hours?

Thank you in advance. A2E141A3-056A-43FC-8AA6-17561BA220BC.jpegEB3A887E-99F9-418E-B2E9-A7FDD47FC23A.jpeg009946B5-9AE9-4234-8889-8E33B3FF6470.jpeg

Does it seem to “bleach out” at higher fc levels? If so it may be mustard algae. The cure is to pass all 3 end of slam criteria then raise to Mustard algae fc slam level for 24hrs. & follow the ma protocol here👇

Or it could be some really fine dirt - but raising to ma slam level isn’t terrible if you’re already at reg slam level & wanna eliminate the possibility of ma for peace of mind.
I thought it was fine clay dirt so i ended slam & it grew … when i went to ma slam level it turned white/grey & once vac’d to waste never returned.

Last edited:
Reactions: needsajet
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.