Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Astral Viron eQuilibrium EQ25
Hi all,

I've been reading some great information on this forum.

My understanding is the recommended CYA level for a SWG pool is 70-80ppm. But if I can aim for a particular target, is 70ppm or 80ppm preferred for my pebblecrete SWG pool?

My pool water chemistry at the moment is:
FC 5
pH 7.7
TA 70
CH 400
CYA 70
Salt 4400 (400 higher than the recommended for my SWG)
Temp 27 Celsius
CSI -0.17

Any suggestions on my pool chemistry are very welcome.

Thanks to all contributors.

Welcome to the forum. CYA is pretty inert and the surface shouldn't matter. You're at 70. Question is how is the Swg doing maintaining your FC? 5ppm is fine. What kind d of SWG?

Please add a signature line to your profile listing all your pool particulars.

The cya target 🎯 is an ebb & flow situation depending upon uv conditions.
Not one perfect target to aim for year round persay. As cya is sunscreen for chlorine 😎.

Generally, at the beginning & end of the swim season “shoulder seasons”
or in the winter (if you leave your pool open) you can get by with a lower cya (say around 60 or so) if your swg can maintain fc at a reasonable setting there.
Then, During the height of the swim season uv exposure is generally the strongest & that’s when you would lean towards a higher cya level (80’s) especially in a very high uv part of the country such as texas to help protect more of the fc your swg makes so you don’t have to run it full till 24/7 to keep up with demand.

Reactions: mgtfp and Newdude
Yes don't fiddle with what's working well. As other said, those numbers look good. The TFP take on how to set FC depending on CYA is this chart. Make sure to use the "Salt water" tab. As long as you're around the target and never fall below the min, you're good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.