ICO - My smart pool partner

bobandsherry

Bronze Supporter
Apr 20, 2016
Riverview, FL
I managed to find this, sounds interesting that device in your pool would be able to test and report FC, pH, Salt and temp. Appears it's not available in the US. Anyone seen anything similar for US?

Description
I am ICO – your smart pool partner. I analyze, anticipate and control in order to guide you through pool maintenance.

You are now connected to your pool, 24/7, via my application on your smartphone or tablet.

Can’t wait to swim: Drop me in the water and I instantly start to analyse your pool.

I like all types of pools: chlorine, bromine and salt-water chlorination

I work continuously: 24/7, always at your service, you can even let me float in the skimmer or under the cover.

I am small but robust: My custom robust sensors are protected by a rigid shell, specially designed to last several years. My battery only requires to be recharged once a season, as simple as with a phone (via USB cable).

Home - Ondilo

YouTube video: ICO - My smart pool partner - YouTube

Plenty similar in the US: pHin, Sutro, WaterGuru.

An ORP sensor for chlorine measurement, but that doesn't play well with CYA so is virtually unusable in an outdoor pool. So all you have is a pH meter and thermometer. Pretty useless really. Certainly not worth the price they think they can sell these things for. WaterGuru tests more things (and has some good names attached to it) but it is based off of test strips so I wouldn't trust it for a moment. I believe pHin was bought out by Hayward at a major discount so it is not a bad guess that they will be killing it and holding on to some of the patents (similar to FitBit purchasing Pebble). I think Sutro has officially become vaporware and is folding before it ever gets released.

Just another piece of tech that looks great on initial glance and then falls apart as soon as you dig just a tiny bit deeper. Keep your k-2006.

Plenty similar in the US: pHin, Sutro, WaterGuru.

An ORP sensor for chlorine measurement, but that doesn't play well with CYA so is virtually unusable in an outdoor pool. So all you have is a pH meter and thermometer. Pretty useless really. Certainly not worth the price they think they can sell these things for. WaterGuru tests more things (and has some good names attached to it) but it is based off of test strips so I wouldn't trust it for a moment. I believe pHin was bought out by Hayward at a major discount so it is not a bad guess that they will be killing it and holding on to some of the patents (similar to FitBit purchasing Pebble). I think Sutro has officially become vaporware and is folding before it ever gets released.

Just another piece of tech that looks great on initial glance and then falls apart as soon as you dig just a tiny bit deeper. Keep your k-2006.

Waterguru does not use ORP testing for FC. Testing is "proprietary".

Other tests (sent to Waterguru in a test tub of pool water) are test using a spectrophotometic analysis. I envision a real spectrophotometer, not a ColorQ.
Perhaps thay have calibrated a laboatory grade spectrophotometer against known conentrations of each pool chemistry paramater and can give an accurate anyalysis of these chemicals. We'll have o find out

Wouldn't the chlorine degrade while being sent to Waterguru? How accurate could that be if the results are on 4 day old sample and since that time there have been 4 kids in the water leaving liquid presents and two pool parties?? Yet they're gonna advise you on the older water sample?? I don't understand....

Maddie :flower:

Wouldn't the chlorine degrade while being sent to Waterguru? How accurate could that be if the results are on 4 day old sample and since that time there have been 4 kids in the water leaving liquid presents and two pool parties?? Yet they're gonna advise you on the older water sample?? I don't understand....

Maddie :flower:
The device tests FC and pH - as far as I know it, those are the two that can degrade with time. The rest of the results I care about (since I don't care about phosphate levels) shouldn't change in the time it ships. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.