IChlor 3/0 issue?

cent_indiana

Bronze Supporter
Jan 6, 2018
Southcentral Indiana
Just wanted to let the TFP community know. I had my IChlor 3 installed in June. Twice since then, the cell LED fast-blinks red (indicates a problem with temp sensor thus unit might not run as efficiently, but will still run). Prior to that - it will indicate low salt even though levels are good. The first time PB replaced whole unit. Second time, they replaced the temp sensor.

Odd thing is, old temp sensor had 4 wires new one only has 3 - we wondered if they just removed the "fault" line. Repair guy said he knows of several other customers with same issue.

I have the new, smaller round IChlor.

Hey, as long as it is making chlorine I don't worry about it "lying" to me saying the salt is low. I use my salt test kit to confirm its ok.

I don't know your system but there may be a way of re-calibrating it with your independent salt test value. Check your manual.

Maddie :flower:

Just wanted to let the TFP community know. I had my IChlor 3 installed in June. Twice since then, the cell LED fast-blinks red (indicates a problem with temp sensor thus unit might not run as efficiently, but will still run). Prior to that - it will indicate low salt even though levels are good. The first time PB replaced whole unit. Second time, they replaced the temp sensor.

Odd thing is, old temp sensor had 4 wires new one only has 3 - we wondered if they just removed the "fault" line. Repair guy said he knows of several other customers with same issue.

I have the new, smaller round IChlor.

Ichlors have an issue and are not a good product.
The tops arn't completely sealed and allow water in to the bored and short out.
I warrenty pentair products and we were told buy our warrenty manager to replace Ichlors for ic-40

I just had my flow switch changed out for the second time since June. The I-Chlor 30 salt light is flashing green which means the salt level is above 4500. Both my water sample and direct testing at the pool have it at 3700. I am going to take the previous posters idea of asking for the I-chlor 40.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.