IC60 High Salt flashing, salt level good

The fact is as long as you see dead algae you may have live too. The dead algae needs to be gone from the pool surfaces by vacuuming to waste or atleast into the filter and then clean out the filter after a psi rise of 25% from a clean filter psi reading.

Reactions: Mdragger88
The fact is as long as you see dead algae you may have live too. The dead algae needs to be gone from the pool surfaces by vacuuming to waste or atleast into the filter and then clean out the filter after a psi rise of 25% from a clean filter psi reading.
Ok, so I can keep brushing to the deep end and let the filter catch some of it and keep backwashing when the pressure rises 25%? Once I get my new vacuum, I can start vacuuming to waste. I assume I just hook my hose up to the skimmer and leave the backwash valve open? If the salt cell is indeed dead, I don’t want the pool to go back to Crud before a new one would arrive. So just keep adding liquid chlorine daily until it arrives? I really appreciate all the help!

Reactions: Mdragger88
I'm not sure what the new vacuum is but brushing the floor rigorously isn't great as it displaces the algae when it gets pushed around. Do nothing till you have a kit to see what you have going on. Keep adding daily 5 ppm liquid chlorine. When your kit arrives do the teats and post your levels and then you'll get advice. Doing too much before we know the chemistry is worthless.

I have been using cal-hypo shock. I added 12 pounds over a period of 36 hours and the next day my chlorine level was at 0.45. I don’t see any green but instead looks like a bunch of dead organic matter in the bottom. My vacuum is busted, so I had to order a new one. My robotic Polaris cleaner just clouds up the water right now. If I switch to liquid chlorine to slam it, do I select bleach on the app? I didn’t see an option for liquid chlorine. Here is my last pool test from yesterday.
It is listed as bleach in the app- you will need to select the strength you are using.
That amount of cal hypo (depending upon %) may or may not have raised you fc to shock level for your estimated cya depending upon how much you added at once. The Slam process doesn’t involve randomly putting in different products in various amounts & hoping it works -aka -the dump & pray method. Instead it is based on frequent accurate testing & replenishing the correct amount of chlorine for your cya to kill the algae & continuing to maintain that fc until u pass a 3 end of slam criteria so that you have full confirmation that the algae is gone & your pool is clean. This is not only more efficient (as raising more than slam level just wastes chlorine & risks damage to equipment,surfaces, & swimmers) but it’s generally also less expensive than tossing in various pool store potions as well as more effective in the long run.
Ideally Afterwards, by maintaining Recommended Levels there shouldn’t be a reoccurrence of algae or a need to go through the SLAM Process ever again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.