IC40 Body Leak -- Anyone seen this before?

71ailmar

Silver Supporter
Dec 17, 2020
Mesa, AZ
I looked through the forum but didn't find this specific issue.

Salt cell died 2-3 weeks ago (thankfully under warranty still) and service company replaced it.
I go check after a few hours of them replacing it and I find this leak. The salt cell is still lit up and appearing to work (and yes, shuts off when my pump is off).
So I call the company back and let them know what's going on....he comes back with a new cell....only to find that the second replacement is also leaking at the same spot o_O
Service guy told me he would contact Pentair and see how they want to handle the issue....not sure what that means, if he thinks he got a bad batch of salt cells from Pentair or what. He's working on resolving the issue but I'm just trying to understand why that leak would be occurring there, if there's something in the mechanics of the unit that would cause it.

Attachments

• PXL_20230726_212423258.jpg
    PXL_20230726_212423258.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 19
Thanks for the video link! Had no idea what it looked like under that cap....seems reasonable that it could be leaking from the flow switch. But it's weird that both new cells would be leaking from there, as if Pentair had no quality control process in place, LOL!
I'm waiting to hear back today from the service guy on what Pentair recommends -- maybe they'll have him check the flow switch or replace with a new one.

Reactions: JamesW
The cap pops off really easily; I would just pop it off and take a look.
The service company came out and tightened it as Pentair told them they've had batches of the SWGs go out with the switch loosely placed causing the leaking I was having. No leaking since they came and I did pop the cap off and double check their work! Thanks for the video, it helped me not be so nervous about fiddling around in there, Lol.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.