Ic 40 fixed

Vapor

Jun 7, 2014
Nj
Just posting for future reference for those with the same problem:

Pentair ic 40 3 years of seasonal use in the northeast .

Last year flow light red despite adequate flow. Replaced flowswitch under warranty. Problem solved.

Fast forward 8 months later to this swim season (out of warranty). Worked fine upon opening for 1 week! Then started getting low salt warning and red flow light despite adequate flow. Tried “shorting” red & black wires with no change in flow...this had me concerned that the cell was bad.

Decided to replace the flow sensor (again!) and all is good now.

Lesson: senosors go bad at an alarming rate. Always try and replace before buying a new cell. Worst case you’ll have a spare senor on hand.

The Pentair sensors are horrible.

They should be better built and if they do fail, they should not read "no flow" or "low salt".

How about a light that says "replace sensor".

And they should be $20 not $100.

A business model that depends on gouging people for over priced parts that are shabbily built reminds me of auto parts in the 1950's (funny how a water pumps can last 300,000 now miles and when I was a kid they would go out in 50,000)....

etc. etc. etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.