iAqualink Freeze Protect RPM Adjust

May 25, 2016
Little Elm TX
After waking up on a cool morning with my pool running full blast, waterfall sounding like Niagara falls and deck jets looking like Old Faithful my only thought was how many watts am I wasting here? I knew about freeze guard but this seemed excessive and It was 38F. So after messing with the iAqualink app I found it pretty easy to adjust the Temp for freeze guard down to 34F, but the RPM seemed to be a mystery. Why in the world did they bury it 6 pages deep anyways? I found one useful thread here that was a little old and vague so I thought I would post up instructions since I just went through to try and get it fixed –But I will update if this ends up being an epic failure. I built up a few screen shots marked up in red to help.

In iAqualink Web Application go to the
1) Homescreen and hit Menu
2) Select System Setup
3) Select VSP Setup
4) Select Speed Setup
5) Select the pump to be programmed
and hit enter (I only have 1 pump)
6) Select Freeze protect Spd
7) Enter your desired motor rpm – Something low, but high enough to get flow to all extra water features
8) You can also Program all your other speeds here as well.

1.jpg

Reactions: RedTx and newpoolj
Double check that the change is actually reflected the next time you have low temps

My I aqualink the speeds are sometimes NOT actually used. For example there are a BUNCH of speed options for each motor per setting
Ive seen mine typically only use the top setting
In other words if the top line in image 6 says 1800 rpm - mine seems to ignore any other lines on that sheet

The issue may be that I have Pentair VS motors with a Jandy control. Ive not spent a lot of time running it to the ground

I just remember last year to get the freeze warning to run at low speed I had to set the default speed lower as well ...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.