Bronze Supporter
Jul 31, 2021
So Cal
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I had an iAquaLink 2.0 unit for a while and never had any issues. The 3.0 version connects fine and works reliably for basica on/off functionality. HOWEVER, it will randomly lock-up when you program via the web interface. This requires a reset or a call to Fluidra support to remotely reset the unit. It's very frustrating. I'm about ready to reinstall the 2.0 unit since it was reliable. I should add that when the Web interface locks up, I can *still* control via the app on my phone. so it's an issue with a service on the unit itself.

It's not a reception issue. Latency and bandwidth are great to where the AquaLink unit is located.

Anyone else with a 3.0 experiencing issues? My guess is it's a bug. 3.0 was only released around end of May 2021, so it's pretty new. Fluidra support will insist "only the wifi chip changed to support wireless N" but obviously a different chip needs different drivers and likely firmware tweaks, so more than "just the wifi N support" changed!

Frustrating!

Last edited:
I installed the iAquaLink 3.0 on Sept. 1st and all has been fine. I had the original PDA system before so I had to upgrade the antenna and the PCB (iQ30-RS). Access via PC has been fine. I just updated iPhone to iOS 15 and had to logout and login again to have the app connect. Now all is well.
I be interested to hear what others say.

Good to know on iOS 15. My iOS app on iOS 14 has been rock solid. It's the web connect that always crashes. I wish they would just fix their buggy software! We all paid a lot of money for this stuff!

Here is the official response from Fluidra - wish they would just fix this!

Thank you for contacting us! I understand you are having issues accessing the Web portal. I’ll be happy to help.

Usually, this happens when the web interface's scheduling is being accessed and the changes are not saved or the connection on the antenna or the device accessing it gets interrupted.

There is a reset button on your Aqualink board inside the power center, you can push in with a paperclip, this should reset the iAqualink antenna. If the reset button is unsuccessful, turn off power at the circuit breaker to the Aqualink RS board in the power center for 10 seconds, then turn the power back on.

We appreciate you doing business with us. If you give us a call here at 800-822-7933 we can also try remotely restarting the system as well.

Reactions: HermanTX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.