I think I messed up my backwash/DE process. Please help

Yarzy

Bronze Supporter
Jul 16, 2020
Chalfont, PA
Hi everyone..this morning I decided to backwash my DE filter. I did the backwash until the little tube window showed much more clear, turned off the pump, switched it to rinse until it was totally clear. I did that a 2nd time but a little faster and put it back to rinse again, etc. I was told by my PB that I should put 5 scoops of DE in it. I did that and was running my pump when it dawned on me that I forgot to put it back to "filter" vs "rinse" so it was coming right out the hose as I was adding. I stopped the pump, switched it to filter and added 4 more scoops as the pump filter window was still cloudy so I did not rinse it ALL out. At this point, I am not sure if I should just let it be or do something else. I don't see any DE in the pool and the pressure it about 12.5. Am I ok since I may have caught it in time and added more? Ugh, that will be once of those "you do that once" type of mistake. Thanks!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.