I Made A Beaded Liner Insertion Tool

crokett

Jul 17, 2007
Hillsborough, NC
Necessity is the mother of invention... I replaced my liner a few weeks ago. Friday morning I worked it in all the way around the pool. I had the top rail still on. I was afraid that if I took it off the wall would lose stiffness and fall over. After I was done, I had about 12" of extra liner. It was a hot day, and I was afraid of a too-short liner so I stretched it too much... I also had sore fingers with blisters on a few finger tips and the skin rubbed off my knuckles from hitting the bottom of the rail. I decided to reset and deal with it on Saturday. I knew that with the blisters I was not going to be able to finish the liner. I spent some time Friday afternoon designing, experimenting and testing. I came up with this. You still have to pull the liner up and fold the bead over, but this makes it -much- easier to seat it in the track. With a helper you can slide the tool along to seat the bead. I was able to pull the liner out in sections and gradually work it all back in with this tool. I also decided that if I ever have to replace my liner again, I am converting to an overlap.

beadtool2.JPG

Attachments

• beadtool1.JPG
    beadtool1.JPG
    384.3 KB · Views: 8
  • beadtool2.JPG
    beadtool2.JPG
    395.1 KB · Views: 7
  • beadtool1.JPG
    beadtool1.JPG
    520.6 KB · Views: 9
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.