LifeTime Supporter
May 31, 2015
Gaylesville, AL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Let me start with a little of a back story...

Last weekend, my neighbour and I were talking, as I was running tests on my pool water. He saw me testing the Ph (I had already run the FC/CC tests before he came walking up) then he watched me while I ran the rest of my tests... CYA, TA, and CH... they were all in line with where I wanted... THANK YOU TFP!!!

He asked... "So, is your Ph right?", to which I replied "Yup, just where it should be." To which he said "Your pool ALWAYS looks good, and I don't see you working on it a whole lot". I don't think he even knew that I was running more than a Ph test.

He started boasting that he just refilled his pool 2 weeks ago, and had not added anything to it, and it looks GREAT! To which I replied that he may want to get some Chlorine into it FAST before it was too late! ...

Fast forward to yesterday... he called me up, and asked me to come take a look at his pool, because it looked "Cloudy". I went over to his place with my test kit in hand. What I saw was a pool that was growing algae (light green, and cloudy). I looked at the ground, and saw some "Easy Pour" bleach bottles beside the pool. Of course my tests showed 0 FC (I didn't test for CC) Ph was through the roof!

His pool is a 15' X 48" intex ... I asked him how much it cost him to fill it... his answer was about $30... I advised him to drain it, and refill because it would cost more than that to correct his situation... he drained it, cleaned the liner, and is in the process of re-filling... I gave him the right amount of CYA to meet his pool requirements, and pumped out a gallon of my 12.5% for him to add to his pool... I ran the numbers on his pool, and told him to add 1/4 of what I gave him once the water was 3/4 to the full level. I will be ordering him a TF100 kit so he can keep up with his pool himself, but in the meantime, I will be helping him out, and teaching him how to do things RIGHT!

Looks like we have another TFP convert!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.