I had the Zodiak g3 working for days, and now the pump wont stay primed, when valve is turned to the skimmer, from the main drain.

AdamAZ84

Mar 30, 2022
ARIZONA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have had this pool and house for 2 months, the vaccum was working perfectly, and two days ago stopped moving. I can't keep prime in the filter, once I turn the valve to the skimmer. If I restart pump with the valve turned to main drain, it fills up and stays primed, but the vaccum gets 0 pressure until I turn that valve towards the skimmer, but it stops priming completely after about 15 seconds. What can I do or do differently?

Sorry for late response, it turns out I didn't have the vaccum in, because it wouldn't prime, I didn't realize like a dummy, that the hose/vaccum being on the deck would suck air and pump would never prime. That experience taught me a lot about suction. Now I have an issue w pop up not popping up ever, all but 3 stay down all the time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.