Bronze Supporter
May 25, 2015
Fort Mill, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So this Pump Speed Setup page on the iAquaLink Android app is not optimal. I can set the RPM's and duration for the quick clean command, the timed run command, and a few others. But you can't then simply start the quick clean or the timed run from the app. You have to go outside and push the iQPUMP01 buttons to do a quick clean or timed run. What's the deal with that?

So you can do a "set custom speed" where you enter an arbitrary speed and duration. Sure you can accomplish the same thing, but then you have to remember the settings and risk putting a bogus speed value in. I'd really rather just push a button on the iAqualLink app to run my saved command profile. If you do the "timed run" from the iQPUMP01 it is even worse because you can't stop that operation from the app (it gets locked out as being in "service mode"). Thanks for that.

Do they ever make improvements to this app? It has had this same exact lame interface since I installed the pump last year.

I'm pretty sure they were having server issues this weekend. I had access to my pump on the app, then suddenly it would hourglass forever and not connect. Restart phone, restart pump, still jacked up. Phone internet connection is fine. I went directly to the iaqualink website and could see my pump online. So it was their Dang issue, for a good 24 hours at least.

So you can't communicate directly from your phone to the iQPUMP01 over WiFi unless you put the iQPUMP01 into ad-hoc WiFi mode. If their server goes down, YOU go down. And apparently it does go down.

That server does very little in terms of functionality here. It's uptime should be nearly 100% in my opinion.

I was locked out of my system again yesterday. This is ******* me off because I am in the middle of a SLAM treatment for mustard algae. So not being able to easily lock the pump on for a period of time is not cool. Not cool at all, Jandy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.