I am new to TFP from NH and long time pool owner, 22 years and still love it!

richardC/NH

Jun 9, 2021
Sharon, NH
This year we had thew pool opened by a new group and although the pump was working and they added chlorine, my wife and I took some time at the ocean before it really warmed up. I shut off the pump for a week and of course the color was very green when I got back but in years passed I shocked the system and eventually got the pool clear. This year however after waiting a couple of days there was no clearing of the water so I added a flocculant and waited for it to settle but no luck. I do check my chlorine and kept it up but when I went to vacuum a paste seemed to develop on the bottom and I'm having an awful time trying to get it out. Has anyone else ever encountered this problem, if so, maybe you could offer what worked for you in your effort to fix the situation.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Floc can bring with it complications. We almost never recommend using it here at TFP as we employ the SLAM Process to kill and remove algae. It would be helpful to see a full set of water test results and your signature updated with all of your pool and equipment info. Lots of folks here eager to help.