Hundreds of small bugs

Zamsaf

May 2, 2018
Central fl
Hello I’m in FL new pool just 2 weeks old. We got a pool enclosure. Yesterday it rained for about an hour then we came out and our pool had hundreds of tiny bugs, I think they were no see ums. I spent hours skimming and netting them out. Where did they come from and how do I prevent it from happening?

If there’s no way to prevent it is there a faster way to get them out of the water?

Two things I use to help control insects are by using a good insecticide around the perimeter of the pool and a skimmer sock in the skimmer to catch them. Other than that, insects love water, especially in the summer. Good thing is often times it's just a migration thing. They hit the area once or twice a year then disappear.

Reactions: Zamsaf
I had a horrible case of Springtails about 6 weeks ago. We sprayed the heck out of our yard and perimeter of our pool... even asked the neighbor if we could spray on their side of the wall. It did knock them down significantly... barely even see them anymore.

Best tip I got from another forum member... Instead of netting them out, which takes forever, is to put your skimmer on high, shut your other suction ports down, then hose them towards your skimmer. Waaaaay easier than netting them out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.