HTH Salt Cell Chemical and Walmart

Amanda14

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 16, 2014
East Northport, NY
Surface
Vinyl
Hi. Was there this morning and they had Morton Pool Salt for 5.82 for a 40lb bag which is cheap right? I was there to buy stabilizer and I noticed an hth salt cell chemical designed to prolong the life of a salt cell. I know the feelings of this community on using chemicals other than the standard bleach, etc but I was wondering what that stuff is and has anyone tried it?

Thanks

A common misconception is that TFP has "approved" chemicals. That is just not true. TFP is about knowing what you are adding to your pool and what it will do to your pool. Bleach, baking soda, washing soda, borax, muriatic acid, they all do specific things to your pool and are easy to account for. So we are extremely weary of any product that makes claims but then doesn't include a list of ingredients to back those claims up.

Anyway, here is the MSDS for it: http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/37/372940fa-64d5-4c09-ae24-aee4c8a4ad31.pdf I'm not a chemist so I can't say whether any of this stuff will be the least bit beneficial.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.