HRV Question(s)

dakine259

Mar 26, 2022
CA
Hi All! Just filled our new pool - about 30,000 gallons in ground with pebbletec.

With our plumbing, we have something that our pool builder is calling a stinger line which is a 1 1/2 inch piece of PVC underneath deep end gunite, in gravel, with a one-way check valve. This line goes to the surface.

The main drain in the deep end also has a threaded hole, exposing a path thru the shell, that was used to pump out water during Pebbltec process.

I asked our pool builder if we should install a hydrostatic valve in the deep end drain and he said not to worry because when the pool is filled it will be so heavy that popping out is not a problem. We did have pretty high ground water the entire time we were under construction. It makes sense what our pool builder is saying - that a filled pool doesn’t pop out - but I’ve seen conflicting information online about the need for a hydrostatic valve installed all the time, even when the pool is full.

Just wanted to run this by the form and make sure that I did not need a hydrostatic valve installed with full pool!

Thanks all!

I've not read about "Stinger Lines" here before. I did find one mention of them in the archives (also from CA, infact):

Ask your pool builder what happens down the road many years and your pool needs to be emptied for replastering?

Maddie 🇮🇹

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.