How would you position these return jets?

D2creative

Jun 27, 2020
Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
This is our new FB pool. It has one skimmer on the far short end. Two return jets are on the close short end (blue umbrella), and one return is on the long end pointed at the splash pad.
What do you think would be the best position (up/down, left/right) for the three returns?
And how do they move? Just pull with some effort? I reached in from outside the water and tried to move one and it's really tight, didn't seem to want to budge. But it was an awkward position and I didn't want to break anything.

TIA!

20230402-DJI_0185-Pool copy.jpg

Generally you want your pool to swirl in a clockwise direction (in this hemisphere). So I'd put them like that. The eyeball may have a screw ring that needs to be loosened. It is a large pool to only have one skimmer though.

Reactions: D2creative
You may need to loosen them a touch so the eyeball can move freely- post a pic of one for more guidance.
You want them to direct debris to your skimmer & also not leave dead spots like in the deep end where your splash pad drops off.
Kinda strange there’s 2 on the short side & only 1 on that long side. Most people try for the toilet bowl effect pointing them all in one general direction but not sure that will work here. There should ideally be one between the skimmer & the splash pad to deal with the dead spot & the splash pad then you could point them all like this 🔁 in some way & get the toilet bowl effect.
Since you don’t have that you’ll have to play around with it.
You can get some ping pong balls, throw them in & see how many end up in the skimmer, how long it takes, if any just get stuck in some place etc. then readjust the eyeballs as needed.

Reactions: D2creative
Generally you want your pool to swirl in a clockwise direction (in this hemisphere). So I'd put them like that. The eyeball may have a screw ring that needs to be loosened. It is a large pool to only have one skimmer though.

You may need to loosen them a touch so the eyeball can move freely- post a pic of one for more guidance.
You want them to direct debris to your skimmer & also not leave dead spots like in the deep end where your splash pad drops off.
Kinda strange there’s 2 on the short side & only 1 on that long side. Most people try for the toilet bowl effect pointing them all in one general direction but not sure that will work here. There should ideally be one between the skimmer & the splash pad to deal with the dead spot & the splash pad then you could point them all like this 🔁 in some way & get the toilet bowl effect.
Since you don’t have that you’ll have to play around with it.
You can get some ping pong balls, throw them in & see how many end up in the skimmer, how long it takes, if any just get stuck in some place etc. then readjust the eyeballs as needed.

Thanks, i finally got the rings to turn and that loosened the nozzle allowing me to rotate them. They are molded off-center so that as you rotate, it changes the direction.

It's an odd configuration (which is why we liked it) so yeah, that whole toilet bowl thing isn't going to work. LOL
Even with the single skimmer and current jet layout, the pool stays nice and clean for the most part. We don't have many leaves now but I've used my net maybe once in the last few weeks. I just notice some areas on the bottom where the dirt likes to settle, mainly on the shelf and on the floor in the cutout areas next to the shelf, right along the base of the walls. But the jets were pointed more at the surface so I'll play around with having at least one pointing toward the bottom right area hidden under that blue umbrella.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.