How to repair zodiac heater cracked return header

Jul 26, 2016
Little Elm, TX
I have the Zodiac legacy LRZ250EN heater. Today I was trying to replace the brass piece that fits into the temperature rise port. I overtightened it and the port cracked. The part to replace this is R0454201 but it's out of stock and backordered with everyone who sells it. Any idea how I can fix a crack in the return header?

I haven't seen anything that will hold under pressure for a repair. I'd say look around some more searching with the manufacturers part # somebody may have it somewhere. Otherwise bypass the heater for now and wait on parts. Covid has made a mess out of parts availability

I tried using Loctite epoxy on the outside of the crack but that didn't work at all. Next I tried putting a big blob of JB WaterWeld on the outside of the crack. On the inside of the crack I put a silicone plumbing sealant/caulk. Tested it today and it's no longer leaking

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.