Gold Supporter
Jun 13, 2018
Media, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I just had rain and was trying to get the main drain to suck up some dirt from brushing, and even with float valve diverter closed I was still not getting full suction. I just figured out a trick to do this. All you need to do is hold the Weir door closed until the skimmer drains. The float valve will close and voila! Full main drain suction. After you are finished, reset the float valve by pulling it out and re-seating it and you are back to skimming. Hope this helps someone!

They also sell float diverter valves with a movable window over the opening in the diverter for the skimmer. If you close the window and put the diverter in place, it will pull most of the suction from the drains. That way you don’t have to push on the weir door.

They also sell float diverter valves with a movable window over the opening in the diverter for the skimmer. If you close the window and put the diverter in place, it will pull most of the suction from the drains. That way you don’t have to push on the weir door.
I did that, but I still wasn't getting full suction. Wth the float valve closed I could actually SEE the main drain sucking up the pollen.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.