How to backwash my system

Looks like you have a cartridge filter in which case those do not get backwashed (like sand or DE). You have to remove the filters and rinse them off periodically. Hopefully with a large filter like yours once or twice a year if the water is maintained properly.

You have 3 suction valves before the pump. The larger square one is automated for your spa. The other two are manual valves probably for the skimmer and main drain. They are both fully open.

Anytime. Here's a page you might find helpful as well.

Besides turning the pump to 100%, is there anything else I should do when I manually vacuum the pool?
Be sure to purge air out of the vacuum hose line as best as you can before doing a final connection. I still vacuum old-school manually, so with the pump running, I lay the vacuum hose on the water, then I put one end of the vacuum line at a return jet and let that fill up the vacuum hose before I connect the other end into the skimmer. That's just one example.

Reactions: CFE4130
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.