How to automate/remote control lights with Aqua Plus

Sep 8, 2018
Washington nc
I'm looking for suggestions on how to remotely control lights on an Aqua Plus controller. At the time my pool was installed, one of the PBs mentioned that he had heard of folks using wemo switches. As I understand, wemo uses WiFi and needs positive , negative and neutral wires, and I don't understand how that can be added to the board. I'm not really interested in going back to them for more info. I know there's a hayward module that can be added to the board, but that's rather expensive.

Has anyone had experience with a DIY method of remotely controlling lights? My controller is beyond a fence in a dark area and just inconvenient for turning them on/off.

Thanks in advance for any help.

You can add an antenna to your Pro Logic and get a remote control for it. This would not be connected to wifi. But would allow you to turn them on and off.

I think there might be a different Pro Logic add on that would allow wifi control.

Or you can rewire the lights to a different controller that hooks to wifi and not use the Pro Logic.

So it looks like you might be able to add a "Aqua Connect Home Network" device and control everything from a computer or phone located on the same network, but it costs about $500. To control from outside your home network, there is a monthly fee.

I must add: I do not know anything about your system and I'm not 100% sure this would work. Personally, I'd go with jbizzle's recommendation and rewire your lights (my guess would be to a transformer, and have that transformer wired into a 120V Kasa switch).

Thanks all for the suggestions. There is an electrical box that the lines coming from the pool go to before one line going to the controller, so maybe I can put a switch there. I'll take a pic of it later and see what the inside looks like. $500 seems a lot just to be able to remotely turn on/off lights. The controllers timers wont work on lights, just pump and valves.

Reactions: outbreak
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.