kingfish1982

May 7, 2020
Wadsworth ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Have a tf100 test kit, going to test water tonight. Curious is there a correct order to test the water? Once tested what do I adjust 1st and so forth. Just opening pool today. Will post numbers soon after I get an answer to what order to test things. Thanks Jason

Order of how to dose can vary at times depending on the test results. But in general, you can expect a high priority on FC/CYA balancing to avoid algae and pH to ensure it's not crazy high or low. But post back with those full results and we'll gladly look them over.

Order of testing doesn’t matter. Just do them all and post the results and as TS said we can advise on order of any additions.

How did you add the CYA? Depending upon how it’s added, it can take up to several days to fully dissolve and show up on tests. Assume what you’ve added is there, even if your test result for it doesn’t match expectations.

Today's results
Ph 7.2. Add 36oz borax to bring to 7.5?
Fc 21.5
Cc 0
Cya 50
Ta 120
Ch 100

What do you guys think ahy suggestions should I be worried about ta and ch? Slamming the pool dt cloudy water.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.