How should I adjust based on test for CYA and TA?

Aug 7, 2018
Canonsburg/PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Just tested and I’m newer to all this! Everyone has been so helpful so again thank you in advance!!!
Here are my test results today
FC- 3
CC- 0
CYA- 30
PH- 7.5
TA- 90
CH- 250

so should I try to lower my TA? Or is it ok where it is? Should I try to raise my CYA or is it ok where it is?
I’ve added chlorine like I do every other day to raise the chlorine so that’s fine I know. But unsure if I need to change these or they are ok where they are at?

Your TA is fine. When your pH rises to 8, add Muriatic Acid to lower it to 7.6. Your TA will come down a bit each time that happens. But there’s no benefit to trying to chase a specific number for TA.

CYA is probably fine at 30. If you find you’re losing more than 3-4ppm of FC per day then you could try going up to 40 for CYA.

At CYA 30, try to keep your FC between 4 and 6. Never allow it to get below 2. Easiest is to add enough daily to get it to 6. If you go to CYA 40, you’ll need a higher target number.
FC/CYA Levels

Reactions: Ilovemylife1129
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.