bbrock

Apr 15, 2014
Livermore, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Prior to the swimming with the boys after school today, it was on my calendar to do a full pool testing. Here’s what I got:
4.19.19 @ 1430
pH 7.8
FC 3.5
CC 0.5
TA 75 (couldn’t tell if 70 or 80, so just saying it was 75)
CH 200
CYA 20
temp 83
CSI 0.01 in-site Pool Math
CSI 0.11 Pool Math app

Added 7 oz MA 31.45%, 36 oz 10% chlorine.

Here are the questions:
1) Would you bother increasing the calcium level? Even w/ the Speedstir, I seem to have the most difficulty differentiating the color variations w/ this test. I bring this up because last month 3.21.19
I got 300.

2) CYA 20. I plan to rinse the filters again soon. After that I was going to bring the CYA up to 30 using the dry stabilizer. Sound like a plan?

Last edited:
Numbers look good, and you have a good plan ahead. If your water is clear, I wouldn't change anything as of yet. Just maintain those good numbers since your CSI is very closer to zero. As always, keep that FC in the target range to avoid the green monster. Have a nice weekend. :swim:

What's your fill water ch? If your fill water is hard leave the check alone as topping up the pool will raise your ch over time. If your fill water is soft I would test the ch once a week or so untill your comfortable with your number then you can repost about it.

I would get your cya to 40 rather soon, if your not sure on the cya test then go for 30 and test again after a week, it's easy to add more and retest then adding too much and waiting for it to come down.

Filters cleaned. Added enough CYA in a piece of stocking in the skimmer to bring to a level 30.

Prior to filling my pool after it was resurfaced Dec. 2018, fill water calcium was 125.

Surprised that 7 ounces muriatic acid would move the pH much. Maybe something wrong in my pool, but I'd need 16 ounces for my 10k-gallon, plaster pool (very different from what Pool Math recommends). Fill water here in Vegas is pH 8.1. Using a pH meter to measure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.