Bronze Supporter
Apr 16, 2019
Bremen, GA, 65 m west of Atlanta
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I know you're supposed to do it every day during a SLAM, but how about maintenance. Your pool is crystal clear, everything's balanced, but the tree drops seed pods in your pool every blessed day.

Do you brush and vac every day? Do you leave it alone and do it once a week? Do you watch your CC and OCLT? Do you pray the chlorine gods will watch over your pool?

Above Ground Pools are notorious for having circulation issues given the return eyeball and skimmer housing are close in proximity. Having "junk" in the pool will increase your chlorine consumption (slightly), and possibly stain the liner in the longer term. I would suggest you start with vacuuming every 3 days and see how the pool looks and what your readings are. Then either increase to every other day or leave as is. I would not go once a week in an AGP, especially the brushing. The vacuuming is entirely up to you. My pool sometimes has leaves, worms, etc. left all winter long from the wind, etc. during the closing process and there really has not been any issues.

Last edited:
Before getting a robot, I’d vacuum every 4-5 days because I hate seeing anything on the bottom of the pool and my skimmer just doesn’t seem to catch enough of the floating things before they sink.

Now I run the robot daily and brush the walls once or twice a week since the robot doesn’t climb to the waterline.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.