How often do you actually use your pool?

I've never been in my pool! It was a green mess when I took possession. I knew it needed to be resurfaced, but I couldn't stand living with algae so I slammed it. The water looked great, but the floor was crumbling. I never ventured in. The new plaster went in last week, so I can't wait for my first splash.

This summer when home, every day unless storms - grandkids over 3-4 times a week at least. Now that school has started, grandkids 2-3 times/week, wife and I still about 6 days/week. Just came in from an evening swim.

[edit] And when working around the outside of the house have used pool multiple times in a day to get quick cool down on work breaks.

We try to get in every day, and since we got the pool up to temperature after taking possession of our home in March, we average about 5 days of every 7 depending on what's going on. The beauty of indoors is all weather swimming, and no bugs. The minimal downside is no direct sun - but there are so many upsides to that as well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am envious of anyone who is still able to use their pool much at this time of year. Ours is only 74 degrees right now. At this time of year it doesn't get much sun due to trees and the shade from our two-story house. We have solar heat but it's still freezing even though daytime temps are still around 90.

Guilty as charged! Actually I do have a cover but it is basically falling apart so I am not using it at the moment (it leaves big chunks and tiny little pieces of plastic in my pool....we were hoping to finish the season with it but it is a lost cause). I just got a new one last week but haven't gotten around to actually putting it on the reel and cutting it to size yet.

I was using the old one until last week but it really wasn't helping much. The water was maybe 79 last weekend with the cover. To be fair though there was a bunch of holes and rips in it so maybe it wasn't holding the heat very well.

I am envious of anyone who is still able to use their pool much at this time of year. Ours is only 74 degrees right now. At this time of year it doesn't get much sun due to trees and the shade from our two-story house. We have solar heat but it's still freezing even though daytime temps are still around 90.
Our first year in Florida.... just checked temp and pool is at 88 degrees, and that's with pool enclosure. No cover, no heater, just lots of sun that mother nature provides for free. I was in there earlier and mentioned to my wife that if we were still living in Chicago we'd have the pool closed by now. I'm curious to see how long our pool temp remains in the 80's for swimming.

To answer OP, we use it at least 4-5 times a week, sometimes twice a day (we are lucky to not have to worry about work getting in the way of enjoying it). About the only time we don't get in for a dip is when rain keeps us from going in.

Ours was down to 74 on Saturday. It's not going to get hot enough for that to happen, but it's still plenty warm enough to sit out by the pool. So it's less of a swimming pool than a water feature- but it's a TFP water feature!

Almost everyday unless it's raining. My middle child would swim with ice and snow if we allowed him, he's the true fish.

I like to jump in after I take a run to cool down, and of course swim and float.

My goal is to hit 100 swim days a year, so mid-May to late-Sept with a heater gets us to that barring a significantly rainy year.

Our pool was completed in March and my husband starting swimming in April. It was still too cold for me then so I didn't get in for the first time until late April. When he had a different work schedule my husband was in the pool everyday, I mostly only go in on the weekends. We did get solar in June and had the water temp up to 92 this past weekend. Being in Central Florida we can probably swim until October or so. Last December we actually had a heat wave of 80+ degrees and would have been swimming then if we'd had the pool.

I completed the start-up process almost 2 weeks ago. It was warm enough for my first swim last week. I've swam every day that I've been home since, but I won't spend wkds at home until boating season is over in mid-Oct. I think I'll turn off the heater tomorrow and keep the pool cool until I'm home on wkds... It will be tough to look at the cold pool, but I'm scared of that gas bill!

I've been thinking about this one for a while. I can honestly say I use my pool every day. Some days it's for swimming. Some days it's for a backdrop while I relax in the yard. It is always there when I want to look out the windows and see the sun or the stars shine on it. I like to just stop and watch the sparkles as the little waves interact with each other and dance all around. In short, every day for different reasons.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.