How much?

RIPBAGS

Silver Supporter
Oct 29, 2015
Arizona
I just wanted to know if there are any professionals that could give me a rough estimate (price) on the following issues that were repaired. I have attached images for the repairs that were done and wanted to know if the work that was done is up to par. First image is a broken/cracked "T" and the other is obviously a partially drained pool with scum then a full drain. Partial drain was done for "T" repair. Then the other 2 images shows the repaired "T" fitting and a clean pool that was chlorine and acid washed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

FYI.......just hoping I didn't get over charged.. If so,in getting in the business of pool cleaning

Attachments

• 0305201512_HDR.jpg
    0305201512_HDR.jpg
    431 KB · Views: 30
  • 0306201606a.jpg
    0306201606a.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 0310201508.jpg
    0310201508.jpg
    373.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 0306201606_HDR.jpg
    0306201606_HDR.jpg
    485.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 0310201820.jpg
    0310201820.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 31
So the 2 things you had done was the "T" plumbing repair and your pool cleaned/acid washed?

Plumbing is all over the board I can see that repair (doesn't look too deep in the ground) being anywhere from $200 to $1000. Was part of the repair finding the leak or was it already known where it was? You can add a bunch if they had to find the leak first.

Acid wash I am not really sure.

So the 2 things you had done was the "T" plumbing repair and your pool cleaned/acid washed?

Plumbing is all over the board I can see that repair (doesn't look too deep in the ground) being anywhere from $200 to $1000. Was part of the repair finding the leak or was it already known where it was? You can add a bunch if they had to find the leak first.

Acid wash I am not really sure.
Leak was there and a chlorine wash was also done before acid wash. $500 was also paid to make the green pool go away without draining and that's when that leak just started to go out of control. When the leak was noticeably bad visually, that's when the other work was decided it was needed to habe a nice healthy pool. In addition to the $500 that had been paid' all I want to know is how much the total cost would approximately be.

Not exactly clear what you had done and what you paid for. The leak fix (if it was part of the acid washing work) should have been around $100 (maybe $200 if it was done before and independent of the acid wash). Acid washes cost anywhere from $500 to $1000 (depending on the size of the pool). If they charged you an additional $500 for hyperchlorinating the pool to clear it up, that's a little high unless it included multiple trips on multiple days to manually vacuum the debris out.

So how much did you pay them (total) for the work?

Not exactly clear what you had done and what you paid for. The leak fix (if it was part of the acid washing work) should have been around $100 (maybe $200 if it was done before and independent of the acid wash). Acid washes cost anywhere from $500 to $1000 (depending on the size of the pool). If they charged you an additional $500 for hyperchlorinating the pool to clear it up, that's a little high unless it included multiple trips on multiple days to manually vacuum the debris out.

So how much did you pay them (total) for the work?
1st it was to clean up the green pool w/o draining and with only chemicals.
2nd the leak was found after a couple of trips to clean filters, scrub until pool would clear. Then it was decided that the leak had to be fixed which entailed fully draining pool, fix leak, chlorine wash then acid wash, fill and add necessary chemicals for balance.

Paid $1500

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.