Jableo

May 24, 2021
Denton, Nebraska
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I am new and posted on the "Introduce myself" thread. One of the recommendations was to exchange a lot of water for a fresh fill replacement with no metals. After reading some of the past posts on TFP, I see that it is not a good idea to completely drain a vinyl pool. I have already started draining water. How much water do I take out so I don't stretch or rip the vinyl? I am not sure how old the vinyl is. I would guess over 10 years. I thought it would be a good chance to completely drain it and scrub the bottom clean but I don't think I want to do that after reading more.

No more than half as long as the water level in the ground is down.. If you have a high water table I would not go half... Do you have a sump pump to lower the water level on the outside of the pool?

Watch the liner like a hawk.. as it goes down if you see anywhere that the liner is coming away from the wall that is likely water behind the liner... instantly stop draining and start filling..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.