How much better are robots vs suction cleaners?

Ooh this is a hot thread!

I've been having trouble out of my old kreepy krauly getting stuck on my stairs. I'm wondering since most people in this thread seem to have IG pools, how do you think having AG pool changes the discussion?

I recently changed from wedding cake stairs to a smaller footprint Confer ladder in hopes that it might solve the getting stuck problem...it didn't. I have a G3 on the way since my kreepy krauly is ages old and have thought about going robot, just not sure on the upfront cost.

Ooh this is a hot thread!

I've been having trouble out of my old kreepy krauly getting stuck on my stairs. I'm wondering since most people in this thread seem to have IG pools, how do you think having AG pool changes the discussion?

I recently changed from wedding cake stairs to a smaller footprint Confer ladder in hopes that it might solve the getting stuck problem...it didn't. I have a G3 on the way since my kreepy krauly is ages old and have thought about going robot, just not sure on the upfront cost.

Neither my older Zodiac Vortex 3, the AquaVac 650 or the Dolphin M600 got stuck on my stairs of the inground pool.

Here is a video of the M600 on my stairs.

I would think it would act the same way on the wedding cake type stairs.

The only type of stairs I could see being a problem is the stairs whwre it could end up under the stairs and be stuck between the stairs and pool wall of the above ground pool. But with the wedding cake style there is no space for it to get trapped.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.