How long can yellow algae live outside the pool?

Jul 1, 2018
Roscoe, IL
Just finished up the 24 hour high FC hold after completing SLAM. I realized that a part of my pool steps were removed to be able to move the stairs out of the way of deep cleaning. A part of the handles were exposed to algae water and should have probably been sanitized in the pool. I can’t find a container big enough to soak them in bleach for awhile. I don’t want to risk putting them back in the pool so can I just leave them outside away from the pool for a certain amount of time?

No, it can live apparently for eons. Make sure you get all your pool equipment, toys cleaned before you put them back in. And, wash your bathing suits.

For your pool steps, mix up a batch of strong bleach water, use gloves and a sponge and give them a good bath. Use a brush to get into any cracks and crannies. Do it nekkid or with old clothes you don't care if there's any bleach splatter. I'd suggest two good bleach baths before you put them back in.

No, it can live apparently for eons. Make sure you get all your pool equipment, toys cleaned before you put them back in. And, wash your bathing suits.

For your pool steps, mix up a batch of strong bleach water, use gloves and a sponge and give them a good bath. Use a brush to get into any cracks and crannies. Do it nekkid or with old clothes you don't care if there's any bleach splatter. I'd suggest two good bleach baths before you put them back in.

Thank you! It's actually just the removable handrails so should be easier to clean.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.