How Long Can the Frame be Left Up without a Liner?

Pantseatflyer

Silver Supporter
May 29, 2018
Farmington, AR
I'm preparing to set up our 27' resin pool. I have another person helping me but It's doubtful we can get it all done in a day. How long can I leave the pool up without the liner of course safely? I know that wind plays a big factor, but counting on good weather, is is safe to just have the ring and sides

I'm preparing to set up our 27' resin pool. I have another person helping me but It's doubtful we can get it all done in a day. How long can I leave the pool up without the liner of course safely? I know that wind plays a big factor, but counting on good weather, is is safe to just have the ring and sides
It should be in the instructions, each manufacture has different time restrictions/installation instructions

While I was watching my pool installers last June, it became apparent to me that getting all the support blocks for the legs perfectly level with each other took much longer than spreading the sand, placing the actual ring, walls and top rail. If you can't do it all in one single day, maybe stop with the blocks placed and sand spread. Then start first thing in the morning with the ring, walls, top rail, etc and then liner install.

I thought one of the coolest things they did was attach a shop vac hose inside the liner so they could remove all the air between liner and walls. That was before I knew that it was pretty standard practice.

Reactions: Pantseatflyer
While I was watching my pool installers last June, it became apparent to me that getting all the support blocks for the legs perfectly level with each other took much longer than spreading the sand, placing the actual ring, walls and top rail. If you can't do it all in one single day, maybe stop with the blocks placed and sand spread. Then start first thing in the morning with the ring, walls, top rail, etc and then liner install.

I thought one of the coolest things they did was attach a shop vac hose inside the liner so they could remove all the air between liner and walls. That was before I knew that it was pretty standard practice.

Thanks! My blocks are set and level and I have a pile of sand ready. I am going to go with a small sand layer followed by anti fatigue mats and then armor pad, foam cove etc. I guess it's a timing thing.... I need to 'recruit' more people to help!

Now.. I just wish the stinking rain would stop. It seems like every weekend for the last month it's rained! UGH!

Even with all the issues I ran into with my install I started pretty much where you are, and it took about 9 hours from placing the wall in the center to have the hose in with water going. I did this mainly by myself with some help from my wife and son who are not ones to do manual labor. If you do it on a weekend and start early in the day, doing it in a full day should be achievable.

On the plus side, at least you know the ground beneath will be settled.

Yes sir! All the rain has been doing is growing more rocks to rake up! :)

I do have some stuff I bought that kills and prevents ants/termites that's a residual that I'm going to apply to the sand layer, anti-fatigue mats go on next with armor pad on top of that. Hopefully, this will keep creepy crawlies and rocks and/or weeds at bay.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.