How is it possible to use pucks and not have to drain each year?

I’d probably get away with pucks only. Our pool is open only five months of the year and when I open it after the winter the CYA is usually zero. I always have to drain some water after one of our heavy thunderstorms. I’m too fussy about my pool chemistry to let it fall to chance though. I am very proud of the fact that when the pool company comes to open or close our pool they always comment on how the liner looks new and are surprised it’s from 2008. I credit TFP and diligent testing for that.
Yup, the folks who can get away with pucks are generally in northern climates that drain to winterize and get snow melt in the pool all winter.

Yup, the folks who can get away with pucks are generally in northern climates that drain to winterize and get snow melt in the pool all winter.
Can confirm, tons of snow and rain all winter after closing in September and opening last week. <30 cya reading when I opened.

Reactions: tim5055
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.