How does low temp water affect effectiveness of chlorine?

Re: How does low temp water affect effectiveness of chlorine

pooladdict said:
I believe in treating customers as I would want to be treated and that certainly isnt the case for most stores.

Good advice pooladdict :cheers:

In a slight defense of pool store employees, often they just do what they are told and don't know any better. Also, many pool store employees have never actually maintained a pool.

Re: How does low temp water affect effectiveness of chlorine

True that. When we became first time pool owners, I went to leslies and promptly got pool stored. The kid helping me was brand new and telling me about all the products, and when he got to phosphate remover he said "some people use this to help prevent algae, but some people never use it and for some reason never get algae", as he was scratching his head. Luckily I didn't buy it because I already had sticker shock from all the other chemicals.

As far as lowering phosphates to control algae, I dare say a gallon of bleach is a fraction of the cost of a gallon of phosphate remover, plus you get the added bonus of chlorine killing off all other bacteria :) Last time I went to leslies to get my water checked (before I found TFP), my phosphates were in the thousands, yet crystal clear all summer long.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.