How do you prevent weeds in nearby inground pool ?

mdogan

Bronze Supporter
Nov 20, 2017
Frisco,TX
Hi
I just would like to know how do you prevent weeds nearby your in ground pool?

Can we used Post-Pre emergent herbicides on near by pool ? but not like Round up etc...More stronger ones. There is no way to be killed some of weeds by simple staff like a roundup.

we seeded grass on our back yard this year around March and never used post or pre emergent by now..Because of that, i have tons of weed on backyard.

2 days ago used pre emergent via sprayer which was really strong and in few days i'm planning to use post emergent as well.

Average distance from pool to grasses 4 to 8 meters and there is no any wall in between.

Any suggestion from experienced pool owners appreciated.

Have a wonderful weekend

If you are looking to complete defoliate the area RM43 is my choice. Contains glyphosate which kills anything growing, and imazapyr which gets in the soil and prevents pretty much everything from growing for the next year.

If you are asking about stuff for the lawn, that heavily depends on the type of grasses you have that you would like to not be killed.

Actually, i ALREADY decided what chemical to be used. But was worry about to use :)
If you used imazapyr and no issue for pool then the one which i used should not be a problem ( PRODIAMINE 65 WDG )
THANKS

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.