How do things look?

xICEx

Jul 25, 2019
Orlando, FL
New to TFP and pool ownership in general (new construction). We just hit the grace period on the surface curing and had the water tested.

The first trip to PaP on Friday resulted in:
FC: 0​
pH: 7.6​
TA: 75​
CH: 225​
CYA: 40​
Solids: 500​

They suggested to add 1.5g of liquid chlorine, if I read Pool Math correctly it was similar.
We had a decent swim load Saturday so I wanted to see what changed and took a new sample in this morning after the filter had been running for a couple hours.

Todays:
FC: 3​
pH: 7.4​
TA: 120​
CH: 300​
CYA: 40​
Solids: 400​

I've read through Pool School and the ABC's, my TF100 should be here tomorrow. I just want to make sure I;m on the right path. Thanks.

Hello and Welcome to TFP!!

The pool will consume about 3ppm of chlorine per day due to the sun. Each day this chlorine needs to be replaced regardless if the pool is used or not. You should add enough liquid chlorine each day to stay above the minimum and keep FC at the target value for your CYA level. No need to wait until FC gets to minimum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.