How do I get my steps into the pool?!

Cravi5

Bronze Supporter
May 7, 2020
Nj
Hi. We have an above ground pool and I’m wondering if there’s a trick to getting the steps in. They are pretty heavy (maybe filled with sand?) and I worry it’ll slam down too hard and damage the liner. or that if I slide it down it’ll scrape the liner.

Right now the steps are on the deck surrounding the pool.

Also, could I place those foam gym mats on the bottom to protect the liner rather than buying one specific for that purpose?

Thanks

Hi. We have an above ground pool and I’m wondering if there’s a trick to getting the steps in. They are pretty heavy (maybe filled with sand?) and I worry it’ll slam down too hard and damage the liner. or that if I slide it down it’ll scrape the liner.

Right now the steps are on the deck surrounding the pool.

Also, could I place those foam gym mats on the bottom to protect the liner rather than buying one specific for that purpose?

Thanks
Good morning!

Many have said not to use sand inside the steps because it attracts algae. What we did was purchase 4inch in diameter pvc tubes with end caps. Filled them with QuikCrete. I then drilled small holes through the steps and ran industrial zip ties through. Lifted the steps into the pool. Climbed into the pool and zip tied the pvc weights to the steps. I’ll try to post another picture later.

Attachments

• B7022607-8DD9-4745-B1DE-6A0C3DA02831.jpeg
    B7022607-8DD9-4745-B1DE-6A0C3DA02831.jpeg
    678.6 KB · Views: 37
To give you an idea of the pvc weights.

ahh okay that makes sense. Thank you.

My steps are a bit different since the pool is decked in.

It doesn’t overlap the pool, they just walk straight up from the inside of the pool to the deck.

they’re just so heavy I’m concerned about dropping it in and damaging the liner. I guess I could drain whatever is in the steps to lighten it and then zip tie some waits as you did.

don’t forget to clean them well too while they’re out.
look for pockets that won’t get good circulation.
I literally just got through with round 3 of scrubbing & modifying mine to increase water flow. More holes! & capped my bleach bottle weights with duct tape before screwing the lids on.
It’s an ever evolving experiment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.