How can I seal a hole made for a chlorinator?

gundan

Jun 6, 2014
Central NJ
Hello,

I had an inline chlorinator which I have now currently removed.

The existing saddle clamp came out and I replaced it with Hayward CLX220GA CL220

Unfortunately I am unable to fully seal one side, and I have a few drops of water coming out on one side. Does anybody have suggestions on how can I seal it up so that it doesn't leak at all.

Thanks!
G

I am obviously a bit ignorant on doing work like this, but a friend of mine who I respect a lot and is very handy with plumbing work around his house suggested this instead.

He said the glue solution will eventually leak again. I would appreciate your thoughts @markayash & @Richard320

I am obviously a bit ignorant on doing work like this, but a friend of mine who I respect a lot and is very handy with plumbing work around his house suggested this instead.

He said the glue solution will eventually leak again. I would appreciate your thoughts @markayash & @Richard320
I believe they use a proprietary thread. If your friend has pipe taps, invite him over to drill it out and retap it.

You can find out for sure by searching above for chlorinator plug and use the Gsearch button

If your talking about patching a whole on the PVC like mine was the 1/4 or even 2/3 slice of PVC won’t leak. I have done it a few times, you glue it with PVC cement and it’s percent.
Can you post a picture so we can make sure we are talking about the same thing?

I would probably just replace from the pump to the filter.
If not I still believe if you cut a piece of PVC maybe 1/3 or maybe 1/2 it will seal..Just have to make it narrow to fit..Its glue just like a elbow or coupler..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.