How accurate does the FC need to be in a non SLAM situation?

ss32000

Aug 3, 2022
Downers Grove, Illinois
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have the Taylor K2005 kit and my FC tester has readings for 1, 2, 3, 5, 7.5, 10. With a CYA of 40, I believe my acceptable range for FC is 3-7. Given that my tester is missing 4, 6, and 7 as a reading, could I be in trouble down the road? I have the FAS-DPD test that I can get into the .2 increments if I want, but I was curious if that is just overkill. I just don't want to drop below 3 and knowing if I'm at an in between number can help with adding the right amount of chlorine to keep the FC count high.

The comparator block has a chlorine scale and a bromide scale side by side. Everyone (including me) thought it was 5-10 (etc) at first. It's really 5 FC or 10 BR and you are testing either/or, not both.

Reactions: proavia and Bperry
^^ Agreed. The Taylor 25 ML w/ .2 factor is a bit overkill and typically not needed. Use the 10 ML water sample size w/ one generous scoop of powder, then mix until clear and divide the result in half. Example: 10 drops is an FC of 5. Easy stuff and very reliable with the FAS-DPD.

Reactions: proavia and Bperry
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.