Hot tub lights

Ukiwis

Jul 22, 2018
California
My hot tub light is out. It could change colors so I assumed it was an LED. It's not and appears to just have 2 MR16 75 W incandescent bulbs. There's no water in the fixture so I'm pretty sure just the bulbs need replacing, and I'll replace the gasket as well.

I assume it's OK to just put in a couple of LEDs right?

Does anyone know how to access the bulbs?

TIA
KIWI

20191223_160524.jpg

Attachments

homegameroom

Bronze Supporter
Sep 23, 2015
Sunrise,FL
What an interesting looking light!

Though Pentair has discontinued these, they still have information on them on their website. Google the part number (the 6000XX number) and it should turn up.

bdavis466

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
Aug 4, 2014
San Clemente, CA
Those lights are expensive to repair and have a lot of moving parts. I have 4 of the same ones and I replaced the entire internals with these:

Reactions: Ukiwis

Ukiwis

Jul 22, 2018
California
Good info, thanks for sharing. I managed to extract the bulbs and as there was no water in the fixture I thought I'd try replacing the bulbs with $6 LEDs from home depot.

20191224_090653.jpg

bdavis466

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
Aug 4, 2014
San Clemente, CA
I believe the bulbs are MR16 and should be 12V. If the color wheel motor still works and the bulbs light up then I think you're good (y)

Don't forget to replace the gasket and check the cord strain relief where it enters the housing. They are known to dry out, crack and let water in.