Hose will not fit over new swivels

charsand

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 4, 2009
Flower Mound/Texas
I purchased some new nuts and swivels for my Polaris 280. Even after trimming the hose ends, letting it lie out in the sun and using dish detergent to try and make the hos go on the swivels, nothing worked.
I measured both old and new swivels and the radius is the same.
My question is would it be alright to somehow scrape away a bit of the swivel in order to get the hose on it, or should I buy some new lengths of hose (and what kind, can you mix d45 and d50).....
Thanks
Charlie

Just want to ensure you are putting it together correctly. The nut goes closest to the swivel and the female threaded end faces outwards. You then slide the hose onto the swivel male end. Then the nut screws outward over the hose.
See picture.
Polaris Swivel - no leaks.jpg

I purchased some new nuts and swivels for my Polaris 280. Even after trimming the hose ends, letting it lie out in the sun and using dish detergent to try and make the hos go on the swivels, nothing worked.
I measured both old and new swivels and the radius is the same.
My question is would it be alright to somehow scrape away a bit of the swivel in order to get the hose on it, or should I buy some new lengths of hose (and what kind, can you mix d45 and d50).....
Thanks
Charlie
Also, soak hose end in hot water to make it more pliable to slide onto the swivel male end.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.