Holes in towels kept in outdoor towel box

platon20

Bronze Supporter
Oct 13, 2016
DFW/Texas
I have a suncast outdoor towel box that is waterproof which I keep towels in so I don't have to go inside the house to get dry towels.

Anyways, there are holes starting to show up in the towels even though they are brand new. I'm thinking there's some kind of bug in there eating holes but I emptied the box out and there's nothing in there.

Anybody else have this problem?

I have a suncast outdoor towel box that is waterproof which I keep towels in so I don't have to go inside the house to get dry towels.

Anyways, there are holes starting to show up in the towels even though they are brand new. I'm thinking there's some kind of bug in there eating holes but I emptied the box out and there's nothing in there.

Anybody else have this problem?
Mice?

I checked the inside of the box, there's no gaps or cracks, it's perfectly sealed on the bottom. The only possible way something could get in there would be thru the lid. Since the lid doesn't seal perfectly against the rest of the box, there are a couple of places that have a 2-3 millimeter gap. Way too small for a mouse. Plus with mice there would be droppings and there's nothing in there suggesting that.

It has to be some kind of small bug that can fit thru a very small gap. I looked at the towels closely and there are no bugs visible to the naked eye. I'm going to get a magnifying glass to take a closer look.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.