Holes in brand new auto cover!

Apr 1, 2012
Hello everyone - long time pool owner and lurker on these forums but first time poster. That is only due to all the great advice located on these forums. I've never had to post a question before because they've already been asked and answered by everyone else here! :) Anyway, we just had a new auto cover installed last fall, right before closing our pool. After cleaning the cover off in anticipation of opening in the next couple of weeks I noticed two small, pin-holes right next to each other. Should I be raising "holey" heck with the installer about this?? We live in the midwest and there was plenty of snow on the cover over the winter. Which melted and re-froze, as it does, until spring. So I understand how ice may be an explanation. But how can one tell if this is an outside factor vs. possible defect in this new cover? How these holes are spaced apart and in line with one another is suspicious to me as well. We got 10 years out of last cover and only got two holes that we patched about 5 years in. So any thoughts, advise, suggestions etc is really appreciated!

Pool Cover Holes 04 28 21.jpg

Geeesh, I think I need to change my username to "cover hole guy". I completely forgot about my first post on this site. It was way back in 2013 and on a very similar cover hole issue a year after our pool was installed. Such diligent thread searching on my part before posting my current question. :) Obviously I don't post much on this site, but I have to comment again on the ton of knowledge I've gained from it and my appreciation for the community here. Apparently, I just have bad luck with covers (after the first year anyways).

So, I'm waiting on a return call from our pool company (they're "super busy" with new installs this year). At this point, I'm going to insist they send someone out to inspect these holes, get their thoughts, have them "professionally" patch and see where the conversation goes from there. But any thoughts or comments anyone has in the meantime, I'm all ears!

This is well after the fact, however, have you reached out to the manufacturer? They could/should be able to provide authorized installers in your area.

I have a Cover Pools auto cover and prior to my install, I emailed them and asked for authorized installers. They replied with the name of the contractor who I had an estimate from. Which made me feel way better when selecting that contractor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.