Hmmm robotic cleaner.... which one?

Looking at the Dolphin Oasis Z5 and the Dolphin Premiere M5 - Its interesting that the Dolphin Oasis Z5 is out of stock at every place we look. All the sites say to call for availability or PRE ORDER. Maybe that's telling us it's a popular unit and a popular choice. Aside from the "bells and whistles" - the 3 year warranty is another strong reason we are leaning towards Dolphin Z5

I just sank a brand new Dolphin Oasis Z5 in the pool and let it do its thing. Here is the exec summary:
Pool is only one month old.
I had talked to PB about cancelling the Pentair 'Racer' pressure-side cleaner that they supply, in favor of a Dolphin, but they said "you won't need it."
Since then, we have had fine gold-colored sand or silt in the pool everyday, even after running the Racer three hours a day, even with all pumps on 'High'.
My wife and I have had to brush the silt or whatever towards the drains, but it still seemed to gather around the drains, instead of going into the drains and to the filter.
Bottom line - There were brown silt patches in our pool, despite the cleaner running three hours daily and all of our brushing.

Today - put the Dolphin in, as I always suspected we would need. No comparison. When it was done, I had no silt in pool, all four cartridges had about an inch of silt, that I easily sprayed out. And the kicker is, I only used the mesh cartridges. No telling what the pleated cartridges will find.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.