Maryland
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
So I'm getting the levels on my new pool stable - still need to bring my CYA up a little, but the one measurement that is out of range is TA.

Last Tests:
FC-6
CYA-60
PH-7.5
TA-110
CH-50

How concerned should I be with this? We've had a ton of rain lately and I've pumped a lot of water out and more is expected this week - should I wait to try to bring this down?

I've read that I need to lower the PH to around 7.2 and aerate - thinking I'll build a spray rig to connect to the Polaris port.

Don

You don’t need to be concerned. A high TA just means the PH will rise more quickly. Once PH hits 8 naturally then lower it to 7.2ish and let it rise again.
Lowering the PH using the TFP prescribed method (muriatic acid) will lower the TA. Over time this will hit correct levels and PH should stop rising so quickly.

Reactions: PoolBoy14
Don,

No need to worry about TA.. It will come down as you lower PH.. Just drop PH to 7.2 and when it hits 8 do it again.. No need to do it fast using aeration unless you really want to do it fast :)

Reactions: PoolBoy14
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.