High CYA thinking of switching to the BBB

tracy070:

Sounds like the pool guy who came out wasn't the brightest light on the marquee. The one I hired when I first moved in had no problems figuring things out.

I would spend some time trying to figure things out on your own. Though I cannot guess what choices the PB made, I think the answer lies in one of the valves attached to the pipes going into the ground. On my setup, there is a valve for each skimmer and one for the main drain and the valve is considered open when the valve handle is perpendicular to the down pipe (like the second valve from the left in your pic).

Just a thought - if your chlorine level is lowish then you can might be able to rig up your cleaning hose to re-route your waterfall feature so that it will drain into your yard rather than waste the water in the sewer. If you are going to do that, just make sure your filter pump is off and that the water level doesn't go below the intake of your secondary/water feature pump. Once the water level gets low, then refill up above your skimmer baskets to normal level, get your pump going and then dose it with bleach. That is what I did when I need to fix my CYA level. I also did it over time (rather than all at once) for a couple of reasons - first, in Houston, I was worried about the water table being high and damaging my pool. Second, my yard only needed water once a week or so. :) It hurt less to drain and refill the pool knowing it was water I was going to use anyway. Grass was happy - droughts are tough. It probably took two months to get down to what I'd like - but that is ok - it doesn't have to happen overnight.

Still - you do need to figure out your valving eventually - just move one valve at a time and start your pump. Make sure you listen when you start your pump to see if it sounds right - if you end up with all the valves blocked (inadvertently, of course) your pump will really not be happy. Once you are ok that water is moving through the pump check to see where it is coming/going in your pool to see what changed since you moved that one valve.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.