High CC after passing SLAM

robeert

Jul 10, 2020
Guelph, Ontario
So I just did my first slam and my water looks great again but now my CC is up to 5ppm. What is going on? One theory I have is that I removed the solar blanket for the slam period of about a week. When I recovered the blanket smelled horrible. I realised that I shouldn't have left it like this so long. Have I recontaminated my water with something growing on the blanket? I did leave the blanket on the water in hope that the pool would help clean it. I flipped it and soaked both sides as well. Rookie move? Do I need to SLAM AGAIN???

FC 6
CC 5
PH 7.5
TA 125
CH 260
CYA 50

It's very possible the blanket contaminated things. You should bump-up that FC level back to 20 for today in hopes that it will attack the contaminants introduced by the blanket and help process the CCs quickly before you fall into another full-blown SLAM. Monitor the CCs later today and maybe do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.