Hi, testing my water for the first time

Jun 30, 2018
Northridge, ca
Hi all,

i just bought a 18x9x52inch above ground intext pool with salt water system. The water seems fine but when I check it with the strips I get a very bad reading. I added the 115 pound salt as they recommend and I I used boost twice because there was no salt on it and now this is what I Get

i just attached the pic so please tell me if I did it wrong, first time here

thanks,

ignacio

Attachments

• B8B9F817-8D89-4789-90E9-A5AAB84192C6.jpg
    B8B9F817-8D89-4789-90E9-A5AAB84192C6.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 33
Hi there,

Ok start in Pool School with the ABCs of Pool Water chemistry. If you just filled the pool and the water looks great, it's because you just filled the pool :)

You need to add stabilizer. Any and all chlorine that you add or the SWG produces will be consumed by sunlight without the stabilizer. Stabilizer is like sunscreen for your chlorine.

In the meantime, add 2 cups of regular plain old bleach, found in the grocery store, to boost your free chlorine. Add that morning and evening until you can get the stabilizer in there. You can find stabilizer at walmart. Even with Stabilizer, the SWG can't produce chlorine fast enough to prevent potential pool problems. So get the FC level up with bleach or "pool store shock" which is just stronger bleach.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.