Hi from Texas

Pool Dreamer

Apr 5, 2020
DFW Texas
I was lurking a bit over the last few days and thought that I would say hello. I am in DFW and am in the process of planning our first semi-in ground pool. I am a teacher trying to teach my own children and my 7th grade students at the same time.

We are kind of minimalists, and the quotes that we received for gunite and fiberglass simple pools kind of shocked me. We are considering a couple of local companies or ordering online and self-contracting.

I was lurking a bit over the last few days and thought that I would say hello. I am in DFW and am in the process of planning our first semi-in ground pool. I am a teacher trying to teach my own children and my 7th grade students at the same time.

We are kind of minimalists, and the quotes that we received for gunite and fiberglass simple pools kind of shocked me. We are considering a couple of local companies or ordering online and self-contracting.
Good luck! Stick with this site for lots & lots of useful information. Have questions? I'm willing to bet someone can help even if it's just a bit.

Reactions: Pool Dreamer
Dreamer,

Welcome aboard! You've come to the right place especially if you decide to go it alone. We have experts in everything pool including all aspects of design, planning, contracting, and construction. Plus we sell nothing so you don't need to worry that advice is compromised or geared to sell you something. There are very few entities that can make this claim.

Whatever way you decide to proceed we're here to help and happy to have you in the group.

Chris

Reactions: Pool Dreamer
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I cannot wait to hear back from this local company that seems to be able to go from design to completion in about a week. Their reviews are awesome, but I just hope their prices are awesome as well.